Procedure for admission:
The intake capacity of the college is 100 seats. Out of 100 seats the government through C.A.C. Bangalore fills 50 seats. The remaining seats will be filled by the management.
Admission Eligibility and Conditions:
Candidates must be citizens of India and should be candidates from Karnataka for claiming seats under Government quota.
“Karnataka candidate” means,-
- Student who has studied for at least seven full academic years in anyone of the Government or Government recognized institutions in Karnataka From First Grade up to 2nd P.U.C/ 12th Grade or qualifying examination, and
- Passed either S.S.L.C/10th standard or P.U.C./ 12th standard examination in Karnataka.
- Candidates who have passed either S.S.L.C or student in open schools the period of seven years study shall not be insisted. However such candidates shall produce domicile certificate for 7 years from the Tahasildar of concerned Taluk.
- Candidates who have passed either S.S.L.C. or P.U.C. either in open schools or as private candidates shall produce the relevant Marks Card or a certificate from the Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board/Directorate of Pre-University Education which certifies that he/she is a “private candidate ”.In respect of candidates who have taken more than one year to pass a class/Grade, the years of academic study is counted as one year only for this purpose.
- Candidates must be graduates with 50% marks either in Bachelor’s Degree and/or Masters’ Degree in sciences/social sciences/humanities, Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technology with specialisation in science and mathematics with 55% of marks or any other qualifications equivalent there to are eligible for admission to the course.
- Candidates shall have a minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate of all the three years of Degree including electives and languages, including 10% internal assessment marks or shall have 50% of marks in aggregate of all the two years of post-graduate degree. Students of Bachelor of Engineering or technology should have at least 55% of marks in science and mathematics in aggregate in all the years of the above two subjects studied. But SC, ST, CI and Physically handicapped candidates shall have a minimum of 45% of marks in aggregate of all the three years of Degree including electives and languages, including 10% in internal assessment marks. Or 50% of marks in aggregate of all the two years of Post graduate degree. Students of Bachelor of Engineering or technology should have at least 50% of marks in science and mathematics in aggregate in all the years of the above two subjects studied.
Determination of Merit:
For Admission to B.Ed. programme the aggregate marks obtained in all the three years examination including languages and including 10% of internal marks shall be taken into consideration while preparing merit list. Students who do not possess essential marks required for eligibility for admission to B.Ed. Course the aggregate marks obtained in the two year post graduate degree will be considered for merit. Further the aggregate marks obtained in the Science and Mathematics subjects of the students of Bachelor of Engineering will be considered for merit.
The reservation of seats will be as per the rules and regulations of the State Government.
- In-service Candidates seeking admission for the Bachelor of Education shall conform to the eligibility conditions prescribed by the state Government from time to time provided that they satisfy the subject requirements stipulated in regulation.
- Eligibility criteria will be followed as per Government rules mentioned in the Centralized Admission cell prospectus.
In case a candidate or his/her parents or guardian furnishes false or incorrect information regarding marks card or statement of marks or a certificate or an affidavit along with the application, such application shall be liable to be rejected and the seat, if any, allotted to such candidates shall be liable to be forfeited. Such candidates, his/her parents or guardian as the case may be, shall also render themselves shall be liable to be punished legally. However the University may consider that action should be taken under appropriate rules for rejection of an application and cancellation of a seat and that it shall pass an appropriate order after holding such an enquiry as it deems necessary and after giving reasonable opportunity to the candidates or his/her parents or guardian concerned to make a representation.For More Details Visit…
Sri Murugamutt Anandpuram
SJG College of Education (B,Ed)
Murughamutt, Achapura post, Anandapuram
Sagar Tq, Shivamogga Dist – 577412
Tel No: 08183-295721
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Timings: 10AM to 1.30pm and 2PM to 5PM